1999–2007 McDougal Littell Evanston, IL
- Produced Animated History, a collection of interactive maps and infographics.
- Managed Power Presentations, at the time the leading multimedia presentation tool among educational software products for social studies.
- Created Interactive Review, a collection of review games and activities.
- Developed the social studies domain www.classzone.com, the company website.
- Converted the entire social studies line of textbooks to online and CD-ROM products.
- Developed two award-winning video series—American Stories and Media Focus.
1986–1998 McDougal Littell Evanston, IL
- Project leader for Grade 8 Literature and Language, one of the most successful literature anthologies in company history.
- Project leader for Wordskills, a top-selling vocabulary series.
1983–1987 Illinois Runner Magazine Winnetka, IL
- Co-founder and editor of the state's first comprehensive running publication.
2008–present Valparaiso, IN
• Freelance manuscript reviewer and editor.
2015 to present — Fiction writer. See Short Stories.
2010 — Author/Editor of Runners on Running: The Best Nonfiction of Distance Running; Human Kinetics. See Runners on Running.
2008 to present — Freelance sports writer. See Articles.
1984 — Author of The Competitive Edge: Mental Preparation for Distance Running; Prentice Hall. See The Competitive Edge.
ENGLISH TEACHER AND CROSS COUNTRY/ TRACK COACH
- 2008–2010 Dominican University River Forest, IL [Men's and Women's Cross Country Coach]
- 1977–1986 Deerfield High School Deerfield, IL
- 1974–1977 Willowbrook High School Villa Park, IL
- 1981: M.A. English Education, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- 1974: Teacher Certification, Illinois Benedictine College, Lisle, IL
- 1972: B.A. English major, Kansas University, Lawrence, KS
References available upon request.